How to Manage Anxiety in Tough Times: Links & Resources
Hi Everyone, I hope you are safe and well. I have developed a number of resources over the last few weeks to assist people to manage anxiety and distress and to build resilience during these challenging times--including articles, exercises, courses and workshops.
1. ARTICLE: 10 Ways to Cope with Coronavirus-Related Anxiety
2. Insight Timer – Insight Timer is the most widely used free Mindfulness & Relaxation App (& website) in the world. It is based in Australia and has thousands of different exercises from teachers/trainers around the world. I have some of my materials on their app (you can access via the web as well). I have provided links to my materials below.
These are three exercises on Insight Timer that you can practice (and you may want to try others from other trainers as well!):
Progressive Muscle Relaxation for Sleep (free, 32 min exercise)
Clouds Visualisation (free, 14 minute relaxation exercise)
Thoughts like Clouds in the Sky Mindfulness (free, 28 min mindfulness exercise)
Pleasant Activities Visualisation (free, 19 min exercise)
3. Insight Timer also has courses—they are 10 sessions, about 15 min each—they cost $20/course or you can subscribe and get access to all their courses. The following are the ones I have available on their site.
Overcoming Insomnia Course, “How to Solve Your Sleepless Nights” (10 session audio course (1st free, whole course $20USD)
Anxiety Course—“Coping with Anxiety in Tough Times” 10 session audio course (1st session free, whole course $20 USD)
4. www.lifeblockers.com is one of my websites—It has links to my book, : “Lifeblockers: The Sleep Edition” on insomnia (paperback, ebook and audio), my blogs (on a range of topics), &
my radio segments (on a range of topics).
4. For a number of relaxation exercises to assist with stress & anxiety, Downloadable CD, “Relaxation: Techniques to Reduce Stress & Anxiety.”
5. Omnipsych has blogs on a range of topics include stress, anxiety & sleep.
6. Omnipsych Workshops: I have developed several workshops for employees and managers and leaders including:
Being Resilient in Difficult Times
Manage Anxiety Through Acceptance & Change
Building a Healthy Lifestyle
Building Resilience: A Mindfulness-Based Approach
Team-Building in Isolation
Addressing Individual Differences in Resilience
Improving Interpersonal Effectiveness using Validation
All workshops can be delivered virtually. Please contact me on email@example.com for more information on these workshops or to create a bespoke workshop to meet the needs of your organisation.
7. Australian Psychological Society website: for mental health resources and information and also a search engine to find a psychologist in your area: click on “FIND A PSYCHOLOGIST” under the ‘for the public’ tab.